Player starships each fall into a distinct role that determines a ship's handling characteristics. Roles determine acceleration, deceleration, rotation rates, momentum/slide, throttle "sweetspot" (the throttle level resulting in greatest rotation rate), and high-speed rotation penalty:
- Light Fighter
- Low mass light fighter. Very very crisp rotation, but sacrifices acceleration and deceleration to accomplish this. Very slide heavy, but very little rotation penalty at high speeds.
- Medium Fighter
- Moderate mass medium fighter. Sloppier rotation, slightly more acceleration, less sliding and more significant rotation penalty.
- Heavy Fighter
- High mass heavy fighter. Much sloppier rotation, but amazing acceleration and deceleration. Penalty when going at top speed for rotation is severe.
- Fairly light mass space superiority fighter. Mixes characteristics of light and heavy fighters. Expect to sacrifice mass to get the maximum performance out of this one.
- Very high mass, very heavy craft. More diverse weapons arsenal available.
- Multipassenger Ship (POB)
- Most have 2 turrets, except for the Y-8 Mining Ship which has 4, and the gunships (6 turrets).
- These ships have decoratable interiors that can be occupied by group members as if it were the inside of a house. These ships have turrets that can be jumped into and out of by people aboard the ship.
- POB ships no longer take up one of your structure lots, but still hold a maximum of 75 items on board, gunboats can hold 150 items.
- Cannot launch a third POB if two others have items inside of them. For the purposes of this maximum of two PoBs, the Sorosuub Luxury Yacht Veteran Reward counts as a PoB.
- Multiple decks (1 deck on the Imperial gunboat, 2 on the Rebel gunboat, and 3 on the Blacksun gunboat). They have 6 manned turrets, and two pilot operated weapons or countermeasure launchers.
- 150 default interior item storage.
Flown by Alliance Pilots:
- Z-95 Headhunter
- Y-wing Longprobe
- T-Wing Interceptor
- YKL-37R Nova Courier
- Incom X-4 Gunship
Flown by Freelance Pilots:
- MandalMotors M3-A "Scyk" Interceptor
- Naboo N-1 Starfighter
- MandalMotors G1-M4-C "Dunelizard" Starfighter
- MandalMotors M12-L "Kimogila" Multi-role Starfighter
- TransGalMeg "Kihraxz" Assault Fighter
- TransGalMeg "Ixiyen" Fast Attack Craft
- TransGalMeg "Rihkxyrk" Attack Ship
- Havoc Starfighter
- MandalMotors M22-T "Krayt" Gunship
- Black Sun AEG-77 Vigo Gunship
Flown by Imperial Pilots:
- Light TIE Fighter
- TIE Fighter
- TIE/ln Fighter
- TIE Interceptor
- TIE Bomber
- TIE Aggressor
- TIE Advanced
- TIE Defender
- TIE Oppressor
- VT-49 Decimator
- YE-4 Gunship
- Ace Pilot ships
- Tier 4 ships
- TCG Loot
NPC exclusive shipsEdit