Schematic is a recipe used in crafting items. The term is most commonly used to refer to a Draft Schematic, which is stored in your datapad and used to instruct a crafting tool how to create an item. Instead of actually creating the item from the draft schematic, the crafting tool can add a Manufacturing Schematic to your datapad, which can be used to control the operation of a factory.
You learn most draft schematics as you gain skills in the skill trees of your professions. Some schematics are only available as loot or as a reward from a Quest; these can be used only if you have the required skill and may allow a specific number of uses or require rare looted components.
- Artisan schematic
- Beast mastery schematic
- Domestic schematic
- Engineering schematic
- Munition schematic
- Structure schematic
- Trader schematic
A draft schematic includes the following:
- The complexity of the item creation process; a higher complexity schematic requires a more advanced crafting tool or even a public or private crafting station.
- The minimum crafting tool needed.
- A list of resources required and the amounts for each; these may be very specific types (e.g., Axudute Iron) or a more general types (e.g., Mineral, Metal, Ferrous Metal, Iron).
- A set of parameters that can be used to experiment with the intermediate product to change its properties. These list the resource properties of interest for each property; if the resources used have high values (or no value) for the desired properties, the experimentation can produce a better product.
- A description of the item to be crafted.